£35-£40k per annum
Town Quay, Southampton, Hampshire
Full Time, Permanent
Due to continuing growth and significant investment in talent, this expanding Telecommunications business has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant.
The role will report to the Finance Director and will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the finance function, which will include the financial operations of two corporate entities.
Apart from the inherent financial aspects, it is clearly expected that this role has a high element of involvement in the operation of the business. Responsiveness to all stakeholders, clarity in communication and adherence to deadlines are of key importance.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Financial accounting (General Ledger, BS, P&L etc)
- Financial controls (Revenue and costs control and analysis)
- Payroll and VAT
- FSCP (Financial Statement Closing Process)
- Banking and creditor payments
- Ensure a high level of involvement and communication with all departments.
- On time reporting and a high level of accuracy in all aspects of bookkeeping.
- Daily reconciliation of transactions through the Company’s financial system, Xero.
- Purchase ledger control including purchase orders, supplier payments, and transaction reconciliation.
- Preparation of weekly payment runs for Director approval.
- Management accounting process including accruals, prepayments, analytical review, and preparation for monthly FSCP.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Production of monthly payroll.
- Deliver on HMRC reporting.
- Complete VAT returns.
- Upkeep and maintain integrity of financial systems.
- Management of Company expense system
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts
- Review spending against budget, with individual departments
- Prepare detailed margin analysis and support terminations process
- Management of introductory and contractual credit process
- Understand regulation, legislation and industry developments and how they will impact the business
- Part-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Extensive systems skills and experience, specifically with Xero
- Telecommunications industry experience (not essential)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a diverse list of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence
- Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward