£50k – £60k per annum
10% Bonus per annum
Town Quay, Southampton, Hampshire
Due to significant growth and investment in talent, this exciting Telecommunications business has a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller.
The role will report to the Consultant Finance Director and will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the finance function, which will include the financial operations of three corporate entities.
Apart from the inherent financial aspects, it is clearly expected that this role has a high element of involvement in the operation of the business. Responsiveness to all stakeholders, clarity in communication and adherence to deadlines are of key importance.
This is a high profile role and the right candidate will progress to a Finance Director role in the next 1-2 years.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide the Board with accurate and comprehensive financial information to guide policy making and financial strategizing.
- Oversee all financial control activities, including the review and analysis of monthly and quarterly financials
- Collaborate with the executive team in establishing more effective processes and controls to ensure the integrity of a company’s ledger
- Financial Accounting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow)
- Payroll and VAT
- FSCP (Financial Statement Closing Process)
- Performance Analysis, KPI measurement
- Banking and creditor payments
- Ensure a high level of involvement and communication with all departments
- On time reporting and a high level of accuracy in all aspects of financial accounting and reporting.
- Daily oversight of transactions through the Company’s financial system, Xero.
- Responsible for purchase ledger control including purchase orders, supplier payments, and transaction reconciliation.
- Treasury Management, supplier payments and cash flow forecasting
- Management accounting process including accruals, prepayments, analytical review, and preparation for monthly FSCP.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Oversight of monthly payroll.
- Deliver on all HMRC reporting including VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax
- Upkeep and maintenance of the integrity of all the financial systems.
- Management of Company expense system
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts
- Prepare detailed margin analysis and support terminations process
- Management of introductory and contractual credit process
- Understand regulation, legislation and industry developments and how they will impact the business
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE with some post qualification experience
- Extensive systems skills and experience, specifically with Xero
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage a diverse list of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence
- Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00-£60,000.00 per year